Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with aluminum foil.
Arrange slices of potato in the prepared pan so they are overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle olive oil over them as evenly as possible.
Bake in a preheated oven until potatoes are tender and have begun to wrinkle around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Baked and Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F . Place Sweet Potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake Sweet Potatoes for 40 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the red pepper, avocado, cilantro (if using), olive oil, green onions, cumin and lime juice.
- Cut yams in half lengthwise, and fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Roasted Broccoli Bites
- 1 large head of Broccoli, cut up into bite-size florets
1/2 red onion, sliced
pinch of sage
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread broccoli in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle onion and sage over broccoli; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, garlic salt, and black pepper over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven until broccoli is browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.